Friday, July 30, 2010

The FIRST Post!!

Oh my, it's amazing how simple actions teach you about yourself.

To begin with, I had to take a nice long pause before I wrote in the textbox what the URL for my blog would be.    I rather like it's current name "Ch-Cha-Cha-Chatterbox" but I also know I'm so whimsical I may fall out of adoration with this name later and by then, I can't go back to change the name of this blog without having to start a new one or something.  Lesson learned?  Consistency is not my strong point.

Second lesson simply starting up this blog has taught me: I'm a spur of the moment person.  Oh sure, I definitely prefer planning (especially with muy importante things like homework), but I'm also a very "hey, why not?" person with my free time especially if there are no large potentially negative repercussions.  (Read: I will never be doing spur of the moment alcohol.)  Anyways, so my dearest friend Kit (in respect for her privacy, I'm using her online handle) told me today she wanted to start a blog and I figured "hey, why not? I'll start one too."  Voila.  Here it is.

I'm rather surprised that I'm even writing a blog, truth be told.  I had a horrible experience with them back in High School, back when "Xanga" was the hip blog-spot, and have been turned off ever since.  Five years later and here I am, trying my luck with a blog again.  (I'm not even writing one of those cool blogs about something interesting like make up or politics!  It's another "Dear Online Diary" things which is exactly what my 'Xanga' was about. So not cool.)  But I guess, if I am to derive or fabricate another lesson from this, it's a testament to the human ability to overcome obstacles and persevere, in this case getting over the bad history I've had with blogs and trying again.

Final minor lesson I've realized: I'm still growing up.  It's either very good conditioning from my parents or an inability to want to face my 'true' self that makes me, even now!, want to hide my name, hide my personal information, and be as anonymous on the internet as possible.  Pro: No creepy random stalker people will be mining this blog for personal information beyond name.  (Even typing in my name took a long pause as well while I considered maybe using one of my online handles!)  Con:  I think I'm still trying to hide from myself by assuming anonymity so I haven't 100% accepted myself yet. eek.

By now I'm sure you, the poor reader, has figured out why I've named my blog the way I have.  Yes, I am a chatterbox!  When I'm off the internet, I'm actually pretty shy around strangers (no wai!) but as my roommates can tell you, once I get to know you well and feel comfortable, you just can't shut me up. ;)  As this is my blog, I may as well be comfortable with myself (or try to be), so I shall be shamelessly chattering away.  After all, if you don't want to listen to my ramblings, you simply have to move to another page.

No comments:

Post a Comment