I find it mildly funny that Kitty has just posted on her blog how she's not going to rant and be negative on her blog, and here I am about to do exactly that. Although, I admit, this rant won't be very long... short and concise..
OOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. MENSTRUAL CRAMPS. OOOOOOOOWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
end rant.
Another reason being home alone sucks: woke up today to deadly cramps. I was cold, my eyes hurt, and now so did my stomach. After huddling and curling and trying all sorts of (limited) positions, it soon became apparent that (1) Yes, 2 layers of blankets were NOT enough to keep me warm this morning and (2) my stomach was not going to get better. Reluctantly leaving my lukewarm haven to face the chilling morning air, I toddled over to the bathroom to see if that would help my cramps (yes, I am being a bit graphic; no, I don't care right now..). No such luck. Having climbed into my lukewarm haven again, I spent another 3-5 minutes using the "let's pretend it's not real" cure method. Again, no luck. Again I hobbled out of bed to get a heat pack to stack against my stomach + a towel to wrap around and keep that area extra warm. Didn't help my cramps. Now I'm sure you're wondering why I didn't just get some painkillers? Problem of not being home for so long: I don't know where the painkillers are.
After more natural attempts to resolve my stomach, I realized futility and reluctantly left my warming up cocoon to find the dratted painkillers. I found 2 bottles of some unknown painkillers. Problem #2: I'm allergic to tylenol and can only eat Ibuprophin. Unknown bottles of painkillers were not ibuprophin. Eat questionable painkiller (don't know if they're expired) and chance body wide rashes from the allergic reaction? Uh... no. Call the mother instead and have her check if unknown painkiller = safe to eat. Result: they're probably expired, so no. Shit. Stomach cramps still around; still cold: no painkillers.
My mother happily chirps on the phone about her day and I just groan incoherently. I know she's going for the "let's distract you!" pain reliever method but all you're doing is annoying me cause I'm tired and in pain. Finally I decide to drive to the nearby supermarket for aspirin. Aha, let me just say, not a good idea. Everything was unnaturally bright and coming in and out of focus. Ehe... Got there with no mishaps, pull in, and they only have aspirin for infants. what?! WHAT?! What a useless supermarket!!
So then I had to drive to the CVS further away and aha... I'm so glad nothing happened cause I was cramping like hell the entire time.. Get there, grab the first bottle of aspirin I see, stand in a ridiculously slow line, and have to be nice to the cashier. (Just give me my damn money faster; can't you see I'm in pain?!) Stagger out of CVS, pop the painkiller into my mouth at the car, start car up--and desperately try to control my throw up reflex. Off the car goes and I practically fall out of the car, trying to get myself some air and trying not to throw up. I've gone from really cold to feverish in the clammy cold/hot sensations. I watch some car roll by, the driver (some lady) clearly looking at me in concern. Eh, I can understand, some bedraggled girl rolls out of a car, crouches on the ground, and is massively convulsing in the "oh shit, please don't let me throw up" motions. Having sort of resolved myself, I stagger to the bakery to get something in me. Maybe the painkiller didn't like being eaten with nothing in my tummy. Buying the softest food there (muffin), I stuff about 2 pieces into my mouth before I'm done. Back to the car, back to cursing God for not changing the light to green faster (I JUST WANT TO GO HOME), and finally (FINALLY) back home. Warm water + flopping on the couch--crap! too cold--+flopping onto the non-leather armchair upstairs => snuggle into sleep.
Wake up 3-4 hours later? Still cramping. =.= owwwwww. to eat another painkiller or not to?
No comments:
Post a Comment